Monday, February 18, 2013

My Holistic Idea


My Holistic Idea: A holistic site that focuses on healthy eating, a healthy lifestyle, holistic remedies, a healthy sense of style, and healthy faith

There comes a time in everyone's life when you can't get something done without a little help.  Big ideas need company.  I have a new idea that is enormous to me.  Even so, I want to make it happen.  I've made steps to make it happen.

I have a domain name that is all my own.
I have the e-mail address in gmail.
I have the Pinterest account.
I have the Facebook page.
I have the Twitter account.
I even have the Google+ page.

It's all aligning and then I find myself stuck.  Mainly, I'm stuck because I bought GoDaddy's website builder along with my domain name and honestly, it's awful.  I can't get anything where I want it.  I need help.  I need someone with vision.  I need someone who will come alongside me and be in this with me.  That's who I need.

The Rundown

Site Name: Hidden until the great unveiling

Company Tag Line: Ditto

Briefly describe what the site will be:

My new site will be an informational paradise chock-full of holistic/healthy lifestyle tips, foods, remedies, faith (how to live out faith holistically), and style.  As I begin to bring my family forward into a healthier lifestyle, I want to share my experiences with the world.  I want to provide lifestyle tips as I discover them.  I will share recipes as I test them myself.  Giving sources and keeping a catalogue of remedies that I want to try and adding information as I try them.  My faith is essential to me and I know that having a healthy spiritual life is in agreement with the holistic lifestyle as well.  Also, I want to explore how to bring holistic into style, looking good while dressing healthy.

List of 5 Adjectives that describe this site:

Holistic, Healthy, Helpful, Informative, Fun

Why is this site different or better than other sites?

I see a lot of holistic blogs out there that are fantastic.  Honestly, they are great resources to those who are holistic.  This site will be different (still fantastic, just unique).  First off, I really care about style.  I want to wear organic cotton that makes me look amazing.  I would sacrifice style for health, but no one has to make that sacrifice.  The site will help people find ways to look slammin’ and still be healthy.  You can have your hair clean and mousse it too (as long as it’s with a homemade organic mousse).  In addition, I want to have the information very accessible.  I want remedies and natural herb care listed in a way that makes it easy to find when it’s most needed.  Finally, I have a unique perspective.  I haven’t been doing this my whole life.  In fact, I used to eat Ramen Noodles (MSG, etc.) all the time during college and the the first few years of my marriage.  Giving up my Little Debbie’s was a sacrifice.  Now, I’m delving deeper into the holistic lifestyle.  Care to join?

Goals:

Why do you think people will visit your site?

            I know a lot of people are interested in what holistic is all about.  I think that starting from the very beginning is a really great place to start (didn’t someone say that before?).  Also, health is exciting!  I’m so sick of eating what I’ve been fed (figuratively and literally) and I’m ready to fight!  I’m going to make my eating real and my life holistic.  I think others will want to jump on board.

When people don’t know you exist, why would they find you or happen upon your site?

            I know by experience that lots of people are looking for holistic alternatives to modern medicine and modern life.  When I’m sick, I search website after website for legit sources for herbal remedies and holistic alternatives to modern medicines.  That’s certainly a draw.

Why would they come back?

            The site will have ways to connect.  By e-mail, by Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, Google+, basically, all the usual.  I don’t want to be gimmicky though.  I want people to come back if they want to and not just sign up because they will get something free.  Holistic applies to marketing too!

If they do know you, why would they take the time to visit your site?

            Maybe to see what crazy venture I’m on this time.  No, really, I think those who know me know that I have become consumed by the realization that most Americans (yes, Americans!) have the least healthy diets in the entire world.  Fast food, packaged food, processed food, MSG, partially hydrogenated oils, and high fructose corn syrup are included in the diet of most Americans.  Why are we unhealthy and having numerous health problems?  It’s our diet!  I think that those who know me will be happy to see me embracing something I’m so passionate about.

Target Audience:

What types of visitors do you want to get?

I want visitors who are interested and engaging.  I want people to visit who want to know more and have questions.  The draw needs to be information, education, and growth.  Those people who are seeking will find themselves at home at this site.

Who is your target audience? (age, education, and other demographics?)

I expect to have visitors who are mostly women from ages 22-65+.  Generally, I notice a lot of stay at home mothers embracing this lifestyle, but I want to open up the genre.  I will have a section in the site dedicated to holistic living for the single working mom (and maybe dad).  It doesn't seem easy cooking healthy foods when you are a single parent or if your husband is deployed.  The section will include quick, easy, and healthy recipes for the family as well as tangible ideas that can be applied to bring holistic to a household that has little extra time.

Secondary Audience:

What other visitors is your site going to get? Job seekers? Board members?

            The other audience would be those who are already holistic in lifestyle.  The site will not focus on those who are already living it up whole, but I’m sure that parts of the site would appeal to them.

Site Goals:

What are your goals for the web site in terms of your site goals?

            As a site, I would like to see the site grow to have more authors who are avidly interested in the holistic lifestyle.  I especially want to have experts in the various categories.  One day, I would like to have a holistic gardener author the gardening section.  The site would have a holistic stylist author the holistic style section.  Experts in every section!  Isn’t it fun to dream?

What is the purpose of your site?

            To educate, uplift, and have people consider a different way of life

 
The Site Will NOT:

Encourage people to live in communes disconnected with society.

Tell people what to do and how to live.

Rant and rave about how crazy people are who aren’t holistic.

Attach anyone or anything, rather education against something less healthy.
 

Who I Need:

I need a web designer/developer with a passion for holistic food and the holistic lifestyle.  I don’t just want someone to come and design a website for me that will suffice, instead I want someone who won’t stop until it serves its purpose and informs others about what holistic means to them.  Not only will they be a part of helping me design the site in its conception, but they will be a part of the life of the page.  This person needs to be full of ideas and be willing to listen to ideas.  This is the person that I want to find.

Skills Needed:

XHTML/HTML, CSS, Good Design Sense, SEO, Project Management, Basic Writing and Editing, DOM


Do you know this person?

Are you this person?

Join me!

Leave your name and website or the designer's name in the comments below, thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke,

    This is Brian, I just sent you a message on Facebook. I hope you got it. If not please send me a quick message at mail@webtorontodesign.ca

    I'm looking forward to speaking with you in light of this project. I think it's amazing.

    Regards,

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how do you give them that compelling reason? By treating this question as an opportunity for your sales pitch. By thinking about what it is that the interviewer wants in a candidate and what it is that they need to hear.

    if you want more just look here "job by jobschampions"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browse job depository for thousands of job offers and find the best suitable position. Fill up your profile with your education and experience, then just apply for a job with one click.

    if you want more just look here "jobs by literaljobs"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments and I hope you will visit again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...