Friday, November 16, 2012

Getting Geeky for the Holidays: Lego Minifigure Display Case

Today, I finally decided what my son and I would get James for Christmas.  James loves Legos.  I think most grown men, if honest, love Legos.  The past few years he has been collecting the Lego Minifigure Series Collections as they come out.  This year we are so far away from any Lego stores (or any Targets), he hasn't been able to get any!  So I search Amazon and find . . .

the entire Series 8 Lego Minifigure collection.  SCORE!

Amazon: Lego Minifigure Series 8

Josiah's gift to daddy in the mail!

Now I had to think of something for me to get him, since he already picked out his "big" gift for Christmas.  I found a picture of a Lego Minifigure Display Case that someone had actually built out of Legos to house their Minifigure collection.  Then BINGO, I had an idea.  I'll use the Lego Digital Designer and rebuild the shelf in the picture and order the pieces!

After a bit of playing around and figuring out the program, I have the completed design.


Lego Digital Designer:  Lego Display Case

Of course, now I feel so terrible because I accidentally closed out of the Flickr picture where I found the original design.  I would love to give him credit.  So if you find the original Flickr picture, please let me know!!!!

Here is another picture in case you are interested in building this for the little or big man in your life.





Here is a list of the bricks you need to make it.


8 dark green 1 x 2 bricks
80 dark green bricks (2 x 2)
32 dark green inverted roof tiles (2 x 2/45)
4 dark green plates (1 x 2)
12 dark green plates (2 x 4)
8 dark green plates (2 x 6)
 
I hope this helps you out in planning your Christmas Lego shopping as much as it has helped me!
Merry Christmas!
Brooke

4 comments:

  1. Yeah my boyfriend doesn't actually have legos, but every time we're shopping for our nieces and nephews, he lingers in the lego aisle. Haha. I'm sure he would love it if I bought him some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is weirdly into legos, and actually has a few of the more "collectible" (so he claims) Batman and Star Wars items. The Bat Pod keeps finding its way into the family room, so I'm guessing he wants me to display it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby will have an awesome Christmas with these! He'll be just like a kid again when he opens them!
    I wish my boyfriend would settle for Legos...he likes the expensive toys like 4-wheelers and dirt bikes...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite awesome! Would love to see what Legos he'll decide to display in them :)

    XO,
    Jessica from the Doily Duck
    http://thedoilyduck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments and I hope you will visit again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...