Tuesday, November 29, 2011

About Designing Life

I blog and I write about design, but I have not given much of a formal introduction about who I am and why I design.  Let me introduce myself.  My name is Brooke Shambley and I started Designing Life because I firmly believe that everyone should be comfortable and happy in their own home. The services that I provide are intended to do just that, make your home a place where you can live life to the fullest. 
My products are affordable and priced to appeal to every day people going through every day life. Since my mother is a nurse and my mother-in-law is a teacher, I realized that I would never want to be the designer who priced herself so high that amazing people like teachers and nurses could not use my services.  My prices reflect my passion.  I have a passion to help spectacular people, not just people with a padded wallet.

As a military spouse, I also saw the need to provide design services to the frequent mover. Moving repeatedly means your home environment needs to be a consistent refuge that can easily move with you. I want to help those who move often have a place of refuge to dwell in from day to day as they face the changing world around them.

The phrase "Designing Life" means intentionally planning one's life.  I don't think that life is an accident and I wish to help people live in their home environment with a purpose.  A home should be a place that pulls a family together, assists them in attaining their goals, and especially, a home should never be a hindrance.  Designing Life means purposefully creating a home environment that promotes life.

Thank you for reading a little more about what Designing Life is all about and what I am all about.  If you are interested in finding out more about Designing Life check out these websites.

www.designinglife.etsy.com
www.designinglife.weebly.com

Feel free to e-mail me directly at:

designinglife at juno dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments and I hope you will visit again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...